Don't you just love comfort food? I love food that has cream and butter on in! I love the thought of cooking a dish with this ingredients... Hmmmm, makes me hungry now. ;)
So without further intro, here it is :
Presenting Creamy Chicken in Asparagus Sauce!
Here's how :
3 asparagus spears
1 tablespoon butter
1 chicken breast
1 tablespoon fresh onion leeks sliced diagonally
***For the sauce***
3 tablespoons all purpose cream
3 asparagus, blanched and chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus spears for 2-3 minutes. Drain the asparagus, reserving some of the water to make the sauce.
2. Gently melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Using a sharp knife, make a slit in the chicken breast and enclose the three spears of cooked asparagus. Wrap the chicken back up, securing with a cocktail stick if necessary.
3. Pan-fry the chicken breast for two minutes each side to seal. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, reduce two tablespoons of reserved water from the asparagus with the cream for a few minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped asparagus and heat for a further 1-2 minutes. Season to taste. Remove the chicken from the heat and slice. Transfer to a serving plate and pour the sauce over to serve.