Monday, November 21, 2011

Bicol Express.....Veggy Style!

One of my favorite dish is that with coconut milk, and this dish is my top 1, not just because it is very rich in flavor but also because I had the chance to experiment it with a vegetable and that is Eggplant.


I have always love the taste of eggplant, may it be fried with scrambled egg or just simply fried or roasted.


But I want to share this dish I made with eggplant and made my coconut milk dishes much better or should I say guilt-free!


Bicol Express Eggplant!

Here is the recipe!
Ingredients:
6 cups coconut milk
2 lbs eggplantk, cut into strips
¾ cup Shrimp Paste
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
6 pieces Thai chili pepper
½ cup Ginger, grated
1 large onion, cubed
2 long chili pepper
2 tsp cooking oil
Salt and Pepper


Cooking Procedure:
1. Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
2. Add the eggplant and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes
3. Place the shrimp paste in and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add the Thai and long hot pepper followed by the coconut milk
5. Mix all the ingredients well and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Add salt and pepper to taste



Serve hot and enjoy!
Happy eating!
Let me know what you think if you have tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment